Interest in football goalkeeper training has, in recent years, grown in Portugal, with today several Portuguese goalkeeper coaches working in the most competitive football championships around the world.
The number of athletes seeking this position and its specific training has been increasing and the creation of Goalkeeper training departments within some clubs, as well as the emergence of private training football goalkeeper schools have come to the rescue. this need felt by athletes and their parents for specific training for young goalkeepers.
As far as senior football is concerned, it is an area with increasing recognition, but with much still to be explored. Therefore, it is important that all countries and federations are obliged to have a goalkeeper coaching course, in order to enable this area to develop and guidelines to be created at national level that enable the emergence of better coaches. football goalkeeper.
ISCE is a pioneer since in Portugal there is no course or certification for this specific area,
| COURSE PRESENTATION
Training in goalkeeper training offers, within the scope of the training project, advanced and transversal training in the area of goalkeeper training. With a faculty that brings together academics, professional coaches, training coaches, founders of goalkeeping schools, athletes, among others linked to goalkeeper training in Portugal, this will be suitable training for those who want to consolidate knowledge, for those who want to use this training methodology in their daily lives and in the performance of their profession and anyone who wants to deepen their knowledge about this very specific area of football.
Participants in this course will have solid preparation to respond to daily challenges, enabling a greater diversity of training for their clients, and will have the opportunity to check different methodologies in different contexts and thus allow them to gain knowledge of different tools that can be adapted at different levels of training and stages of training and professional football.
Technical topics will be covered, but also cross-cutting topics in different areas of football such as psychology, the importance of strength training, training methodology among other topics, all of which also have their importance within goalkeeper training.
The postgraduate course also has a large practical component as it will end with an internship in one of the various partner entities and the presentation of the respective report.
Any interested party with or without a degree; students in the areas of Sports Science or other related areas, football coaches, exercise and health professionals who wish to obtain credit units for continuous training
At the end of the course, students must:
- know the main concerns and guidelines for Goalkeeper training
- be able to evaluate and plan training suited to the athlete's level and needs.
- have the ability to instruct and correct the main techniques and positions in order to be able to guide a specific goalkeeper training without any type of help.
- acquire the knowledge necessary to create a goalkeeping department in a goalkeeping club or school context.
- present a transversal knowledge of all topics related to football goalkeeper training.
- Enable a greater diversity of training to be applied in the trainee’s daily life.
- Apply, teach and correct specific basic techniques.
- Apply and teach specific content at each training stage.
- Apply and teach specific content for the defensive and offensive moments of the game.
- Apply and teach complex specific techniques.
- Prescribe a training session appropriate to each moment of the game and defined technical content.
- Prescribe training sessions aimed at correcting a given game strategy.
- Know how to periodize a sports training microcycle.
- Know how to develop your own methodology.
- Know the most important physical abilities for a goalkeeper and know the basics of physical training adapted to the goalkeeper position.
- Know how to manage conflicts between goalkeepers.
- Know how to recognize and value the position of the goalkeeper and the goalkeeper coach.
- Know how to implement a goalkeeper department.
- Learn to define a training and goalkeeping model.
- Define a goalkeeper profile and a goalkeeper recruitment model based on this defined profile.
- Know how to manage a goalkeeper school sportingly and financially.
The postgraduate course will be divided into two semesters:
- 1st Semester (October to end of January): 84 hours of online theoretical classes (21 weeks) 4 hours per week on Mondays between 6pm and 10pm.
- 2nd Semester (February to 30 May - online classes/in-person practical classes)
- Internship/Observation: May and June.
| COURSE STRUCTURE
|GR training theory||12|
|Implementation of a GR department||10|
|The Goalkeeper's Mental Preparation in High Competition||12|
| Strength training in GR in training and high performance||8|
| Analysis and observation Goalkeeper|| 8 |